Martin Insurance Brokers (‘MIB) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and would like you to feel safe when giving your details. To provide you with relevant information and respond to your requests, we sometimes request that you provide us with information about yourself.
Please read this Privacy and Cookie Notice carefully as it will inform you of how we collect, use and disclose personal data we gather from you. Our activities are compliant with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003, the EU General Data Protection regulation (‘GDPR’) and any other Data Protection legislation/Acts passed as a result of the GDPR.
Your continued use of the website constitutes your consent to the contents of this notice.
Our registered company address is Kilmore Business Park, Dublin Road, Cavan, Tel: 049 4332944 / 01 9022984 / 0818 282930 Fax: 049 4332871 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.martininsurance.ie. Martin Insurance Ltd t/a Martin Insurance Brokers, martevo is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland & is subject to limited regulation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Details of registration are available on request or by contacting the Central Bank of Ireland on 01 2245800. MIB is also authorised by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission as a credit intermediary, and is a member of Brokers Ireland & Brokers Federation of Ireland.
How We Process Your Data
MIB follow these principles relating to processing of personal data:
a) We process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
b) We collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only.
c) We only process personal data that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing personal data.
d) We keep personal data accurate and, where necessary, up to date. MIB take every reasonable step to ensure that inaccurate personal data is erased or rectified without delay.
e) We do not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes of processing personal data.
f) We process personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
If you provide information about someone else, such as an additional insured, you must have obtained this person’s consent and have made them aware of the terms of this insurance. For motor insurance, you must also have obtained the additional insured’s consent to allow us to verify their information via the Integrated Insurance Data System (‘IIDS’).
What information we gather and why
In general, you may visit this website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal data. MIB collects domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website.
This website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Some portions of this website, however, may request that you give us information about yourself, from which we are able to identify you: for example, our Contact Us form or Online Quote service.
In this case, we process your personal data in order to provide insurance quotation and placement service, i.e. processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. We process your personal data to:
– introduce, propose or carry out other work preparatory to the conclusion of contracts of insurance
– carry out administration of contracts of insurance at inception, mid-term, renewal and throughout the term of the policy
– assist in the event of a claim
– comply with regulatory, industry and tax legislation
– carry out internal reporting.
Such personal data may include:
– Phone number
– E-mail address
– Date of birth
– Convictions, claims, penalty points, etc.
– Risk details, e.g. driving licence, NCT, vehicle information, property, turnover/fee income, etc.
– Banking details for premium credit facility
– Medical history.
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed, information is only shared within the European Economic Area (EEA). Any such transfers are made in full compliance with all aspects of data protection.
Who we share or seek information from
We may share your personal data with or seek information from a number of external parties, such as:
– insurers and third party underwriters that we obtain quotations from
– insurance software providers
– premium financing companies for the purposes of arranging a premium credit facility for you
– parties acting on your behalf, e.g. insurance intermediary, insurer, loss assessor, solicitor, executor, garage, repairer, etc.
– parties acting on the insurer’s behalf, e.g. loss adjusters, external investigators, medical practitioners, solicitors, repairers, etc.
– surveyors, advisors and consultants for the purposes of surveying or assessing a risk
– the Central Bank of Ireland, the Financial Services & Pensions Ombudsman or any equivalent supervisory or regulatory body
– the Gardaí, Revenue Commissioners or any other persons authorised by law to access records
– computer network maintenance companies.
|Type of data||Legal basis||Retention period|
|Personal customer data: all liability and Directors & Officers insurance policies||Consumer Protection Code 2012;The Statute of Limitations 1957;The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations 1993||Indefinitely|
|Personal customer data: all other insurance policies||Consumer Protection Code 2012||7 years from the date of the transaction or the date MIB ceased to provide product/service to the consumer|
|Credit card information||General Data Protection Regulation||For duration of the transaction|
– Right to be informed
– Right of access
– Right to rectification
– Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
– Right to restrict processing
– Right to data portability
– Right to object
– Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Where you obtain an insurance quotation solely through our automated online quotation engine, you have the right to have such quotation reviewed by MIB staff member.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time by contacting us as per the section below.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to your computer or mobile device and acts to remember your browsing history, preferences and improve performance. Cookies do not identify you but act to link your web browsers to the server providing content. This allows a more personal service which remembers your site visit preferences.
You can control how cookies are used on your web browser by opening the browser help menu and changing the settings to block or erase cookie activity. Please note that the website may not run as expected after changing cookie settings as cookies are used for site services, for example, security, log-ins and language choices.
Types of cookies include:
– Necessary cookies: these cookies are used to manage your website visit. They provide features such as encryption for data and user login.
– Analytical cookies: these cookies track user statistical visit data, such as country, browser type and pages visited.
– Targeting cookies: these cookies remember which features or ads you were presented with, and can display the same or related content to provide you with a content that may be of more interest to you.
– Functionality cookies: these cookies allow your browser to operate more effectively, i.e. your language choice or menu preferences. They can also be used to provide services you request, such as viewing videos or social media integration.
MIB’s intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information, honour your choice for its intended use and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure information we collect online, including the use of encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
However, you should always take into consideration that the Internet is an open forum and that data may flow across networks with little or no security measures, and therefore such information may be accessed by people other than those you intended to access it.
We may partner with or receive services from third parties which you can visit from our website. We may also embed external content and features from such third parties within our website (for example, social media networks, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter). We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practise employed by websites linked to or from our site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy and cookie policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
If you have any questions or comments about our Privacy & Cookie Notice or practices, or would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact Compliance Officer at email@example.com, who will review your request. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unhappy with any aspects of how your personal data is processed.
MIB may modify or update this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. You can check the ‘Last Updated’ date below to see when the notice was last changed.