Unoccupied or Vacant Home / House / Property insurance

What is a voluntary excess on car insurance?
June 6, 2015
Engineering Inspection – a review of some of the regulations
August 18, 2015

Martin Insurance provide tailored cover for unoccupied properties through a panel of specialist insurers: Buildings, Contents & Public Liability cover is available.

The cover can include:

– fire
– smoke
– lightning
– explosion
– storm
– flood
– escape of water
– escape of oil
– collision by vehicle
– falling trees
– architects fees and debris removal

Exclusions which may apply include:

– theft
– gradual ingress of water from shower units or baths.
– damage due to wear and tear.
– water damage.

Warranties which may apply:

– There may be a requirement that the property is inspected regularly.
– All doors and windows must be locked and secured.
– Electrics must be disconnected.
– Water may need to be turned off and drained from the house or there may be a requirement that heating is left on 24 hours per day and thermostat set to a minimum temperature.

If you would like a quotation, please call us on 049-4332944, e-mail or complete our online enquiry form.

Disclaimer: The material contained is this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.

James Martin
James Martin
James Martin has 16 years of experience as a general insurance broker. He is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute and has completed a Diploma in Corporate Finance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *