Unoccupied House Insurance – What are the options?

You have car and home insurance. But are you insured?
February 23, 2016
Retail shop insurance – now available from as little as €450.00
March 17, 2016

Option 1:

Contact Martin Insurance on 049-4332944, or online enquiry form and we will talk through your specific requirements. We deal with a panel of 30+ insurers.

Other Options:

Holiday Home
Is the house a former family home which has become unoccupied due to the death of a parent?
In many cases these houses are used by family members at different times during the year when they come home on holidays etc. In such cases, a holiday home policy can be the best option. This option should be discussed with your provider. It may not always work.

Rental Property
If it is a rental property that has become unoccupied and is back up for rent, then the existing policy will often allow a period of time in which the property can be unoccupied. You need to read the terms and conditions of the policy + contact your insurance provider to discuss your options.

Unoccupied House Policy
There are specialist insurers who target unoccupied house insurance. You can access these insurers through Martin Insurance. The level of cover and terms and conditions will vary depending on:
– the age of the property.
– if the property is under renovation.
– the length of time since the property was last occupied.
– alarms.
– area
– etc

If you would like an unoccupied property insurance quotation, please call us on 049-4332944, e-mail or complete our online enquiry form.

Disclaimer: The material contained is this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.

James Martin
James Martin
James Martin has 16 years of experience as a general insurance broker. He is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute and has completed a Diploma in Corporate Finance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *