MARTIN INSURANCE BROKERS
About the Company:
“We are an established insurance brokerage with a 30 year track record and a relentless focus on customer service”
Our staff have an extremely high level of experience and expertise & provide a level of customer service that is second to none. We place business with more than 30 different insurance companies each year, so our clients get the most competitive prices and the widest cover. If you are looking to start a career in insurance with an established, experienced insurance broker that provides a high level of customer service, then register your interest by applying with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin Insurance Brokers Ltd. (MIB) are members of Brokers Ireland.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for ambitious and talented individuals who show the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on-the-job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join MIB, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career in the insurance sector. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the Job: Broker Role
As an apprentice, you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers:
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
- research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- foresee your clients’ insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases: this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers
- advise clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with clients
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries.
About You: you must:
- Be focused, diligent, committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Be able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Be willing to be part of a team
- Be committed to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Have aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Have good negotiation and problem solving skills.
Benefits of Working in Martin Insurance Brokers
- Competitive salary
- Modern office environment
- A well-established team of insurance professionals
- Education and development support through mentoring and supervision
- Free parking
- Well stocked canteen
- Convenient location on the Dublin Road, Cavan.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements
- More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Timeframes
- Application submission with CV to email@example.com
- Application submission deadline: May 7th, 2018