Employment Practices Liability (EPL) insurance cover is available to cover the potentially crippling court awards & associated legal expenses of an employment claim.
It is impossible for management to know what every employee is doing or saying and in an increasingly litigious environment an employment claim can come from anywhere. Even in the best managed businesses, mistakes do happen.
An EPL policy will typically provide cover for:
Claims brought against an employer arising out of actual or alleged, wrongful or unfair, employment related issues such as:
- discharge or termination of employment
- breach of an oral or written contract
- failure to employ or promote
- deprivation of a career opportunity
- infliction of emotional distress etc
The cost of cover for SMEs employing up to 10 workers is typically €1,000, rising to €3,000 for those employing up to 50 workers. The exact cost of insuring your business for EPL coverage depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- The number of people you employ
- Whether you've had prior claims or court cases lodged against your company
- The percentage of employee turnover
- Whether you have established rules and practices in place
We are always happy to discuss your insurance query or to provide a no obligation insurance quotation. Call us on 1890-399-399, email email@example.com or complete our online enquiry form.